Welcome to the Wonderful World of... Mike Patton
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Welcome to the Wonderful World of... Mike Patton

AccueilRechercherDernières imagesS'enregistrerConnexion
Le deal à ne pas rater :
TCL C74 Series 55C743 – TV 55” 4K QLED 144 Hz Google TV (Via ODR ...
499 €
Voir le deal

Estradasphere

+7
daoud
guiomzappa
Großenprufchten
xspirit
Diatribes
Urbano38
Diabolik
11 participants
Aller à la page : Précédent  1, 2
AuteurMessage
dju21
Vieux con
dju21

Estradasphere - Page 2 Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Estradasphere   Estradasphere - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeLun 18 Déc 2006 - 11:30

Il m'a pas vraiment marqué le dernier. Peut-être quelques écoutes supplémentaires...
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
xspirit
Firecracker
xspirit

MessageSujet: Re: Estradasphere   Estradasphere - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeLun 18 Déc 2006 - 22:32

idem.
http://www.sciemusicale.fr
Yvette_H
Suspended Animation

MessageSujet: Re: Estradasphere   Estradasphere - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeDim 31 Déc 2006 - 20:23

Je trouve le duo taraf/metal un peu trop systématique, en fait.
C'est quelque chose que j'adorerais faire, mais dans ce cas, en mélangeant plus (avec Sebkha-Chott, je crois qu'on mélange trop, et du coup, le côté, taraf, laisse tomber, il y a que ceux qui lisent les arrangements qui peuvent le voir !!!), et moins en juxtaposant.
Un peu déçu, quoi.
http://sebkhachott.net
dju21
Vieux con
dju21

MessageSujet: Re: Estradasphere   Estradasphere - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeVen 5 Jan 2007 - 17:20

Yvette_H a écrit:
Je trouve le duo taraf/metal un peu trop systématique, en fait.
Pareil plus le côté jazz big band.
Yvette_H
Suspended Animation

MessageSujet: Re: Estradasphere   Estradasphere - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMar 23 Jan 2007 - 10:59

Ouais...
Mais c'est dommage, c'est quelque chose à tenter, mais peut-être avec plus de fusion.
http://sebkhachott.net
Diatribes
Suspended Animation
Diatribes

MessageSujet: Re: Estradasphere   Estradasphere - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMar 23 Jan 2007 - 15:16

Oui après écoute approfondie, l'album est trop prévisible.

Je pense pas que je vais l'écouter beaucoup. Le groupe est vraiment en perte de vitesse depuis Quadropus. Shit
dju21
Vieux con
dju21

MessageSujet: Re: Estradasphere   Estradasphere - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMar 23 Jan 2007 - 15:28

Je trouve qu'ils ont perdu pas mal avec le départ de John Wooley. C'était un peu l'esprit du groupe pour moi.
Diatribes
Suspended Animation
Diatribes

MessageSujet: Re: Estradasphere   Estradasphere - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMar 23 Jan 2007 - 15:32

Saloperie de dépression. Crying or Very sad
dju21
Vieux con
dju21

MessageSujet: Re: Estradasphere   Estradasphere - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMar 23 Jan 2007 - 16:24

Je me demande ce que donne son Woolilicious d'album solo. Quelqu'un dait s'il a fait quelque chose d'autre depuis. Je me rapelle que dans une des newsletters d'Estradasphere, ils disaient qu'il se lançait dans la politique où quelque chose comme ça. Enfin pas un truc très rock n' roll.
Diatribes
Suspended Animation
Diatribes

MessageSujet: Re: Estradasphere   Estradasphere - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMar 23 Jan 2007 - 21:49

Whoolilicious c'est super barré, vraiment difficile à capter. M'enfin bon, c'est pas pire que du Moonchild, y a une video qui traine sur le net, faudrait que je retrouve le lien.

C'est bon j'ai retrouvé:

http://www.groovetv.net/

Y a quelques vidéos intéressantes, j'ai déjà balancé le lien ici il me semble.
Franklin
Angel Dust

MessageSujet: Re: Estradasphere   Estradasphere - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMar 23 Jan 2007 - 22:54

pourquoi ce topic est dans la disco de Patton?
Diatribes
Suspended Animation
Diatribes

MessageSujet: Re: Estradasphere   Estradasphere - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMar 23 Jan 2007 - 23:17

La rubrique Autres concernent les groupes qui touchent de près ou de loin à Patton.

Ici on peut faire une arborescence Mr Bungle > Secret Chiefs 3 > Estradasphere.
guiomzappa
Disco Volante
guiomzappa

MessageSujet: Re: Estradasphere   Estradasphere - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeDim 30 Sep 2007 - 20:18

Vu sur le site et forum officiel.

First of all let me express my sadness by saying that I don't like how the board is dying, I think we should back up esphere more than ever because they are getting better and better... that's it, now that's finally out of my system.

I'm here to hype the new DVD that's coming out on The End Records, I almost crapped my pants when I found out about it, is there any chance we fans get a special pre-order through lobefood? Timb?

Check it out here:
http://www.theendrecords.com/label/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=981&Itemid=49

Multi-instrumental band ESTRADASPHERE release live DVD in October
Santa Cruz's unclassifiable and eclectic act ESTRADASPHERE with release their live DVD 'Palace of Mirrors Live' October 2nd, 2007 on THE END RECORDS

The band - who released their debut titled ‘Palace of Mirrors’ for THE END RECORDS in September 2006 - have toured North America many times over the last year, most recently as direct support slot for SECRET CHIEFS 3.

About the live DVD, guitarist/singer Jaqson Schimmel says, “This DVD reaches into the core of the ‘Palace of Mirrors’ concept. A true retrospective of the band's evolution from forming a new lineup to creating and performing ‘ Palace of Mirrors’ in its entirety. A deep insight into the recording, compositional and rehearsal processes of the band leading up to the album’s release. An intense integration of artful cinematography with only the best highlights from the ‘Palace of Mirrors’ tours. This DVD also has an entire set of previously unreleased live material spanning Estradasphere's range of eclectic tastes.”

The video for the lengthy track has been posted at the label's website media section. To see the video, go here:

Estadasphere - A Corporate Merger
http://www.theendrecords.com/label/index.php?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=266

Estradasphere - Page 2 Estradaspherepalace%20of%20mirrors%20live-cover

ESTRADASPHERE
Palace of Mirrors LIVE
Selection: TE088 | The End | October 2nd, 2007
UPC: 65443600873

Tracklisting:
Palace Intro
The Return
The Debutante
A Corporate Merger
The Terrible BeautyPower of Meow
The Colossal Risk of Elusion
The Unfolding/ Pause of the Threshold
Smuggled Mutation
Those Who Know
The Flower Garden of an Evil Man
Unicorns & Rainbows* (originally by Foxycock)
Palace Outro
Opening Set:
Juliet of the Spirits: Faccette Scintillante & Amore Pertutti (Composed by Nino Rota)
Vertigo: Scene d' amour (composed by Bernard Hermann, arranged by Timb Harris and Tim Smolens)
Fantasy Impromptu (composed by Frédéric Chopin, arranged by Tim Smolens)
Tempus Fugit (composed by Bud Powell)
Rondo Capriccioso (composed by Camille Saint-Saens, arranged by Timb Harris)
Mean Old World (composed by Sam Cooke and The Soul Stirrers)
Hunger Strike (composed by John Whooley, Jason Schimmel, Tim Smolens, Timb Harris, and Dave Murray, arranged by Estradasphere)

Bio:
Estradasphere is a band of multi-instrumentalists from an unlikely variety of musical backgrounds.
Timb Harris (violin/trumpet), Jason Schimmel (guitar/banjo/keyboards/vocals), Tim Smolens (upright and electric bass/vocals), Kevin Kmetz (Tsugaru Shamisen/guitar/keyboards), Adam Stacey (accordion/keyboards/clavinet), and Lee Smith (drums/percussion) were trained in disciplines ranging from classical and jazz to metal. This diverse instrumental and stylistic palette enables them to execute a vast array of orchestrations and even forge entirely new genres such as "Bulgarian Surf," "Romanian Gypsy-Metal," and "Spaghetti Eastern." Estradasphere's latest album, Palace of Mirrors, marks their first release on New York-based The End Records, home to many of rock and metal's most eclectic bands. The album's cinematic music and production connotes a narrative that cuts across time, space, and genre. Estradasphere concerts feature the six accomplished musicians and an innovative visual team. Their live show is an extension of the surreal sci-fi storyline alluded to in the music. In each performance, as the themes of the music associate with the enigmatic video and live-camera projections, a dynamic film is created in which the members of Estradasphere are both the characters and the soundtrack orchestra. After forming in Santa Cruz, California in 1999, Estradasphere's first three studio albums were released on Trey Spruance's (Mr. Bungle) Mimicry Records. Many Estradasphere members also record and perform with Spruance's current project, Secret Chiefs 3. Estradasphere's four studio albums, two live concert DVD's, six international tours, and ongoing "psychedelic-cinema-thon" concerts have earned them a loyal and growing following worldwide.Now with the release of their upcoming DVD, a year in the making, the band plans to continue striving for the next plateau in their evolutionary career.

What they are saying about ESTRADASPHERE:

“...Palace of Mirrors” is a sonic tapestry which weaves seemingly incongruent sounds together with a surprising grace and seamlessness. " --THEGREATNOTHING.COM

"...Estradasphere have gone instrumental on the whole of Palace of Mirrors, which winds up shining an even brighter spotlight on their impeccable and astounding musicianship." - ALL MUSIC GUIDE

"...Each track on Palace of Mirrors conjures up an intriguing landscape and story, whether it is passing through some Arabian bazaar, or following the fantastic escapades of some 60's super spy...Estradasphere manage to hold it all together." - SCENE POINT BLANK

“Palace of Mirrors” is sometimes metal, sometimes jazz, usually indescribable and always pushing the boundaries of your expectations. The transitions between styles within the tracks are part of the amazing feat of the album." - ASSOCIATED CONTENT

"Estradasphere is the greatest band in existence today, bar none." - DECOYMUSIC.COM

"If you enjoy the music of bands like Mr. Bungle, Farmers Market, Charming Hostess, and other great fusion bands along those lines, then you'll definitely want to buy this album." - UNEARTHED.COM

More info
Official ESTRADASPHERE website: http://www.estradasphere.com/
ESTRADASPHERE @ MySpace.com: http://www.myspace.com/estradasphere

A entendre la direction "Elfmanienne" de leur dernier album et ce qui est écrit plus haut, on peut s'attendre à un bien bel objet, le DVD dans toute sa splendeur.

YEAH!
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: Estradasphere   Estradasphere - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Estradasphere
Page 2 sur 2Aller à la page : Précédent  1, 2